Brrr!

There are some numbers that just have no meaning to a person.  80 quadrillion.  What does that even mean?  How do we contextualize that?  Well, imagine 80 of these.  As a Californian there's another number that has no meaning to me: -3° F.  My brain says "cold", but really my brain has no understanding of just how cold that is.


When I was picked up from the airport that first night it was in the low teens, and I got a taste of the bitter chill.  Thankfully, I was never out in the cold for more than a minute as we went from airports to cars, then from cars to restaurants, but I can tell you now that that is survival mode cold.  It's not toss-on-a-coat-and-play-in-the-snow cold.  It's drive to Kohl's and spend 170 bucks on winter gear cold.

Today it's in the mid 30's which isn't as bad, but I'm now equipped with some thermals and a new winter coat.  Bring it on cold!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indianapolis

Job

One week