Indianapolis

Before I get to Columbus, I'm spending a few days in Indianapolis with my friends Alicia and Josh who were so kind to offer their guest room to me for a few days.  Both of them are very sick, but still wanted to show me around their beautiful city.  I took pictures!

This is just outside of their house looking down the street.  It's so idyllic here!

The original plan was to build a canal all the way through the state to connect the great lake with the Ohio River.  They only finished eight miles, but now they have this cool canal running through downtown.

In the summer this plaza is filled with festivals and markets and people.


There were plans to have an eternal flame statue, but when the city calculated how much fuel that would need to keep burning, they decided on this instead.


The arts garden is suspended above one of the intersections downtown.  Each window has a view of the street below.


I loved these art pieces.  I wish I could remember the name of the artist.  Solomon something.


Doot do doooooo!  Hmmm, what's your onomatopoeia for a trumpet?


The soldiers and sailors monument has Christmas lights!


Pretty Christmas tree!


Oh hi baby Jesus.


I love architecture.  Look at this cool building!


Here's another one!


I love this fountain with a view of the war memorial in the background.


Lots of references to Abe Lincoln in this town because he spent his teenage years here.


View from the top of a parking structure near the Pacers stadium.


Speaking of, I went to a Pacers game for seven bucks.  You can't beat that!


Snapped a couple of floor pics before going up to my balcony seats.  They crushed the Bucks.


Here's the soldiers and sailors monument lit up at night. 


Indianapolis is a great city.  :)





Comments

  1. Glad you're having a fun vacation as part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Job

One week