I'm watching you Wazowski. Always watching.


2 Corinthians 5:20  "We are ambassadors for Christ."

Ambassador - n. - an accredited diplomat sent by a country as its official representative to a foreign country.

I think about this verse a lot, and the implications of it.  Primarily, an ambassador does not live in his own country.  He lives in a foreign land.  I can't be an ambassador to California if I live in California.  I don't need to represent what the state is like to the people around me because anyone else living in the state can see for themselves.  Likewise, we as Christians live on foreign soil surrounded by people that do not understand the culture of Heaven or the person of Jesus.  How do we represent those things to the people around us?  Do we have patience?  Do we have joy?

Secondly is that people are always watching.  The things I say, the actions I do are all put under scrutiny.  The number one argument against Christianity is Christians, and I don't want to be the cause of someone's unbelief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indianapolis

Job

Hashtag Basic